[jbosstools-dev] Why there is com.jboss.jbds.central.discovery.soa-tooling.feature?

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Fri Jun 1 12:32:18 EDT 2012

Well, let's review:

a) Eclipse Marketplace does not include the feature.

b) it's not categorized and not in the Abridged or any other categories.

c) Central does not include the feature, and it isn't part of any of the
Core or SOA Tools features / connectors.

d) It's only visible if you uncheck "show categorized features" via the
p2 install UI, which is the workflow we're trying to discourage by
virtue of now providing both Central and Marketplace.

So... other than having a user add the zip/site to their Eclipse/JBDS,
and uncheck the "show categorized features" view, no one will ever see this.

But we can look at a new (and more awkward) process for publishing the
plugin independent of the rest of the site for 3.3.1/5.0.1.

We could even consider putting the plugin into Nexus (not even
publishing it as a p2 artifact, simply as an m2 one) and referencing it
from the directory.xml file there.

Place your comments / suggestions here:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-11111