[jbosstools-dev] Adding Features

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Mon Jun 4 06:48:51 EDT 2012

>> And add-on question for me is if switchyard tools will have an actual
>> release/tag that things can be taken from instead of just "latest
>> trunk" or you are just "hoping for the best"  ? :)
>
> At this point, it's hope for the best.  That said, if somebody could communicate the plan to me (all the releases in JIRA are "tentative"), I can make sure there's more than just hope there.

This is why I have asked SOA tooling guys to coordinate more :)

I can say in past the intent/idea was simply that JBoss Tools layed out a set of milestones with appropriate underlying target platform and each component reported which version they would have included in it.

>  I would like it if this could be a 0.5.Final, but I don't know when the soa release date is and I don't know precisely when the SY .5 release date is

You should be 100% independent of SOA product release date since you aren't included in it yet :)

Does SY .5 matter to you ? Do you have a binary or logic hard dependency on it ? I assume possibly only the project creation is dependent on a specific artifact id or something ?

> , so it's a bit difficult for me to plan out any farther than a week or so.  As far as SY goes, the releases are feature based, so slippage may occur.  That said, with JBW coming up, I'm guessing everybody's shooting for the goal of having something stable that the attending folks can play with.

Yeah I hope so ;)

> Is there a plan for JBT-SOA 3.3 that details the feature set, along with some dates (even tentative)?

I've pushed for this to be materialized but ever since the SOA/Core split this have not been done. I wish we can get something running for JBT.next.