[jbosstools-dev] The horrors of jar-file validation in dali/hibernate

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Jun 13 09:51:19 EDT 2012

> this problem marker is created by JPA Validator. It checks the jar at the path:
>
> /src/main/java/sportsclub-domain.jar and doesn't find it.

Where does it get that path from ?

> How the validator should be updated?

My guess is that persistence.xml has a relative reference to a jar which the validator does not resolve correctly.

I recall there being discussions on dali-dev on this subject because the JPA spec is not clear about it.

One way to "fix" this is to at least not make this an error by default since jars might not exist at tooling time.

/max