[jbosstools-dev] The horrors of jar-file validation in dali/hibernate

Dmitry Geraskov dgeraskov at exadel.com
Thu Jun 14 03:38:38 EDT 2012

13.06.2012 21:23, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

>>> Where does it get that path from ?
>> It gets defaultSourceRoot of the project and appends jar name to it (for the projects without Dynamic Web project facet).
> yeah, well that isn't right for sure - should look in the classpath if anything.

>>> My guess is that persistence.xml has a relative reference to a jar which the validator does not resolve correctly.
>> There is no this jar in projects, but one of the project named "sportsclub-domain" and I think it will be generated in the sportsclub-domain.jar and available in classpath of our project, but the question is how can I know this?
> isn't sportsclub-domain in the list of dependent projects ? could check when refs with xyz.jar if there is a xyz named project?
Yes, we depend on the project  (but through pom.xml, I guess I can pick
this up somehow). And I guessed that I could fix this by checking names
of the projects we depend on. But would this fix be absolutely correct
or only will fix this particular situation? What if the jar will be
located somewhere else (for example in source folder of the project we
depend on)?

>> I could provide a place for such validation for the guy working with web projects who know what will be available at runtime(Rob, Fred,...?).
> so this is validation *we* control and not dali ?
This is a default Dali validation which we easily could override.

>>> I recall there being discussions on dali-dev on this subject because the JPA spec is not clear about it.
>>>
>>> One way to "fix" this is to at least not make this an error by default since jars might not exist at tooling time.
>> This would also switch off correct error messages.
> All JPA validation messages or just those concerning similar jar reference errors ?
Only the jar references validation.