[jbosstools-dev] requirements.properties are highly deprecated

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Tue Jun 26 05:27:58 EDT 2012

Hi all,

As described in https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-11714 , we are
trying to improve the way test plugins consume their runtime
dependencies (AS, Seam, ESB, Teiid...). This will provide build
simplicity and autonomy: you won't be tied to availability of specific
folders anymore, instead all should happen in your pom.xml. So you'll
ultimately be able to run and tweak your build and tests with much less
effort.
So, as part of this effort is the removal of all requirements.properties
files. I've already replaced requirements.properties by relevant
configuration in most pom.xml in the jbosstools/trunk SVN. But not on
"external" components. Then if you have some tests that use this
requirements.properties, please create an Enhancement ticket "Replace
requirements.properties" and add a link to JBIDE-11714. I will provide
you a patch.

This requirements stuff is now deprecated, I hope we'll be able to
remove all related stuff just after M1.

Please share any concern.
--
Mickael Istria