[jbosstools-dev] Build Question

Rob Cernich rcernich at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 14:47:47 EST 2012

Hey Mickael,

Thanks for the response.

> > Hey all,
>
> Hi,

> > Since v. 5.4 is not in the nightly SOA repo, how would one go about
> > setting up the SY tooling project to reference the Drools tools 5.4
> > snapshot builds?
>
> Before, you were part of the same Reactor (ie Maven build context) as
> your dependencies, then your deps where resolved in this reactor.
> Now you are "alone", so you'll have to provide a way to resolve this
> dependencies. If you are running in the same M2_REPO, then Maven can
> resolve your deps to the content of this M2_REPO. However, it is not
> that clean, so if you choose this solution, you'll probably complain
> within a few weeks/months ;)

I wasn't even thinking of using an approach like this.  This would cause problems for developers building locally, as it would require them to build the Guvnor plugins locally as well.

> The real good alternative would be for you to add a dependency to the
> p2 repository that you want to use in order to resolve SOA stuff.
> You need Drools to provide you an update-site/p2 repository that
> contains what you want to build, and then add this repository to
> your pom.xml. When it is done, Maven will use it to resolve the new
> stuff.
> This is the same principle as "standard" Maven, except that instead
> of Maven repositories, you use p2 repositories.

This was the point of my question.  So: Does such a repository exist? If so, where does it live?

If a repository does not already exist, I'll simply wait until a Guvnor 5.4 release is available from the nightly SOA repo.

Thanks again,
Rob