[jbosstools-dev] Build Question

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 10:48:35 EST 2012

> Thanks for the history.  I certainly don't mind being the point of contact for the SwitchYard tools.
>
> My preference would be that projects adhere to the spirit of nightly, in that the nightly repo contains the most recent build, stable or not.

Agreed.

> As for the stable repo, I'm going to guess that's going to be a bit more difficult to coordinate as all these projects are moving at different speeds.

Yup - thats why I've tried rooting for getting a release train going of these projects but it seems like they are pulling in N different directions so not gonna happen without some kind of random alignment of the dev teams ;)

> At this point, it would probably be sufficient to simply have each project push manually when they hit a milestone.  This might create an unstable set of plugins (e.g. SwitchYard 0.4 and Guvnor 5.3.1, although we'd state the SwitchYard Guvnor feature is experimental, since it relies on Guvnor nightly build), but it's simple and it's a start.

Yes, thats what Doug will get up and running and i've asked we get a basic jenkins job running which will try and use p2 director to install these and optimally run some basic automated tests on them to spot problems early on which the teams then can actively react or ignore ;)

> I'm guessing at some point, there will be coordinated release milestones across the SOA tools, much like the milestones for JBT.

Not unless the SOA tools dev get that going.

Right now the "coordinated release" will be taking place on the "older" plugins being used for the productized versions.

For the new development I/we need the devs on SOA tooling to setup such release milestones.

I'll be glad help doing that - but need the dev teams to align with.

/max