[jbosstools-dev] Who uses .target file?

Rob Cernich rcernich at redhat.com
Wed Mar 14 13:47:02 EDT 2012

Sorry.  Let me clarify, when I say target platform, I would also include the JBoss plugins.  Having an all inclusive target file allows me to checkout a specific project and work on it, without having to root out the specific project dependencies, which then means either installing them into a local target platform or checking out their source, then repeating for any missing dependencies of the dependencies, and so on.  I may end up having to checkout half of JBT (or installing everything into a local target) just to work on a simple, segregated feature.  At least having a target file automates the process (even if it does take a while to download everything).