[jbosstools-dev] Who uses .target file? Alternative suggestion

Rob Cernich rcernich at redhat.com
Thu Mar 15 12:39:55 EDT 2012

I'll just clarify my requirements/use case, just so there's no ambiguity:
1. Install Eclipse (plugin development, JEE, classic, whatever; knowing I need PDE).
2. Set target platform.
3. Check out a JBT project (e.g. m2e)
4. It compiles.
5. I can run and debug.

Currently, step 4 fails because the target does not include JBoss features/plugins.  Setting up a manual target fails because test plugins do not reside in a repository.

These have all been discussed at length.  I just wanted to summarize my wants (obviously, there is no need since I'm already developing :) ).

Best,
Rob