[jbosstools-dev] Who uses .target file? Alternative suggestion

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Mon Mar 19 06:24:26 EDT 2012

> Instead of having multiple TP (one for each need), what about having a very few well-established update-sites and let people create their own TP with it?

Write their own .target file ? why ?

or do you mean a dynamically generated target platform ?

> For example an AS developer may want the sources of JMX in is TP, whereas a "Usage" developer won't care.

yes, this is fine for dev mode to resolve a TP dynamically and I expect this is what most does.

But this does not *exclude* the need for having a .target file to use during *release* and *integration* builds to ensure
our builds are *consistent* and *deterministic* independent on how many or few updatesites the build is configured with.