[jbosstools-dev] 32/64 bit issues from Alpha2 ?

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Thu Nov 1 14:07:37 EDT 2012

It's possible that when p2 fetches files and unpacks them it ends up
creating paths that are too long for Windows to grok.

It's also possible that the mismatch of 32-bit Eclipse and 64-bit Java
is causing some other pieces of Eclipse to not function correctly (eg.,
swt, p2) and THAT is what's causing the inability to see updates.

Anyway, whatever the reason, the net is:

If you use Eclipse 32 with JVM 64 (or Eclipse 64 with JVM 32), YOU'RE
GONNA HAVE A BAD TIME.