[jbosstools-dev] JBoss Tools is branched for 4.0.0.Beta2

Martin Malina mmalina at redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 09:38:49 EST 2012

On 8. 11. 2012, at 14:55, Rob Cernich <rcernich at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 8. 11. 2012, at 14:40, Rob Cernich <rcernich at redhat.com> wrote:

Yes, but you will usually submit your pull request for the correct branch, not the "opposite". Let me explain:
If you originally base your topic branch on Beta2x and then submit this topic branch as a pull request to be applied onto master, then github may show you more commits.
But if you do any of these two, you will see the correct commits:
a) Base your topic branch on Beta2x and submit pull request against Beta2x
b) Base your topic branch on master and submit pull request against master

So my premise was that people would normally do a) or b) (and then ask to have the changes pushed to both master and Beta2x). If you do a) or b) you should always see the correct commits in the PR on github.

-Martin