[jbosstools-dev] Individual Jenkins mailing is back

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Mon Nov 12 11:42:49 EST 2012

Hi all,

I know you've missed some dedicated mails from Jenkins to warn you when
you probably broke a build (ie when a build fails or a regression
happens just after you committed something).
But you don't have to be sad any longer! Those individual notifications
are back, so you don't have to dig into the jbosstools-builds to find
out what you may be responsible of. This change is tracked in
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13040 so please comment it if you
have any feedback or issue with it (especially since we are not sure
it's actually working ;) .

So now you'll receive 2 kinds of mails. They're different and should not
be handled the same way:
* You may receive mails from the jbosstools-builds mailing-list. You can
filter those one based on your favorite criteria (ie delete them except
if they contain the name of your favourite component). You should be
able to filter them by recipient=jbosstools-builds at lists.jboss.org, or
by mail subject prefixed by [jbosstools-builds]
* You might also receive some mails from Jenkins telling that one of
your commit broke the build. This should really appear in your Inbox and
grab your attention as soon as you receive it. For those, I *think* you
are the recipient of the mail.
So please be careful to not set filters based on subject patterns, or
you may miss some useful mail from Jenkins.

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>