[jbosstools-dev] jboss-nightly profiles

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 08:16:55 EST 2012

> On 11/15/2012 11:39 AM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>> Not sure why parent pom have this change committed yet. Cleanup is still ongoing ;(
> Max, we are doing this cleanup incrementally.
> We cannot afford to change everything in one shot, push it to master and expect everything will work. This cleanup is made of several sub-tasks, we are trying to fix them one by one, and let time for developers and CI to give feedback before we apply the next change.
> So this is committed, and https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13014 was marked as DONE

None of these needed to be done incrementally. It was a basic fix - move to properties based setup and use mirroring.

>> Anyways, SOA tools would be an *additional* site to add, right? not an Either-or in the current nor future setup afaics from a build perspective.
> @Andrej
> I'll negociate with Nick whether this commit should be reverted. IMHO, it should be.
> As a workaround, you can add -Pjboss-requirements-composite-extras-mirror -Djboss-requirements-composite-extras-mirror=http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/builds/staging/_composite_/core/trunk to your "mvn verify -P jbosstools-nightly-staging-composite-soa-tooling" command.
>
> @Max
> This issue is the consequence of a missing dedicated TP for SOA Tools that would contain JBT as dependencies: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-11121

yes - and why the change should not have been made. even with a TP for SOA tools you would still have a need for using both JBT and SOA sites at the same time afaics.

Anyway, none of this is intended to change for the upcoming GA - such changes is for *after* GA and next dev round.