[jbosstools-dev] Special profile for java 1.7 on mac - how to do it

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 11:04:24 EST 2012

On 11/15/2012 03:18 PM, Martin Malina wrote:
> Hi Mickael and Nick,
Hi,

> We've been having a problem with running our bot tests on OS X with
> java 1.7. This is what we get:
> java.awt.AWTException: headless environment
> To overcome this, we need to add this property to the tycho surefire
> argLine: -Dawt.toolkit=sun.lwawt.macosx.LWCToolki
I hate Mac, they are the worst thing that happened to Java developers, I
still don't understand why so many Java developers use them... That said ;)
Is this property set by default on Mac when using Eclipse? Are there
some success stories of Eclipse on OSX with Java 1.7 ?
It could be an upstream issue.

Also, I'd rather not using some complex and immature Expression Language
extension in the parent pom. We already have a lot of things to improve
with the way we build, using such a not-standard thing sounds like
shooting in our own feet.
If we can't find a better way, this will be yet-another-profile-for-OSX
in the pom.xml.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>