[jbosstools-dev] Beta2 / CR1 status :: Branched for 4.0.x, code frozen, test failures need your attention!

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Sun Nov 18 00:02:49 EST 2012

Beta2 is nearly ready for release, though I haven't heard a thumbs up
from QE yet, so I didn't release it to jboss.org or devstudio.jboss.com.
I expect we'll put it out Mon or Tues.

---

JBoss Tools is branched for CR1, which means all the projects in Github
have a new "jbosstools-4.0.x" branch, eg.,

https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-base/tree/jbosstools-4.0.x
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-central/tree/jbosstools-4.0.x

Note that we are *code frozen*, which means only urgent fixes should be
done in the branch, AFTER BEING APPROVED via +1s in JIRA.

---

Builds are underway, despite blocking test failures:

* AS: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13098

* Archives: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13099

* Common: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13097

* Hibernate: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-12849 (broken since
Beta1)

* Seam (JavaEE): https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13101

* VPE:  https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13100

* Portlet: respinning now, was waiting on a JavaEE build

* Central/Maven/Examples: waiting on a clean Portlet build

Remember, Operation Blue Balls begins with you! :)

---

Github master branches are now set to be 4.1.0.Alpha1. This is for the
moment a placeholder, as we don't for sure know if the next release will
be a 4.0.1 or a 4.1.0.

We have NOT yet moved the trunk/master to a Kepler Target Platform -
that will probably wait until December. For now, consider the github
master branches and the devstudio SVN trunk FROZEN.

If you have new work you need to do, be it for a JBT4.0.1/JunoSR2
build or a JBT4.x/Kepler build, do so in a private topic branch.

Thanks!