[jbosstools-dev] Plan to remove installation-tests from the jbosstools-base repo

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Fri Nov 23 09:30:09 EST 2012

Hi all,

As tracked in https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-12905 , we are
trying to move installation tests out of jbosstools-base/tests since it
is something that comes on top of JBT/JBDS, and which is not part of the
base. We decided it would make its own git repo, since it's not exactly
integration tests neither, and also because we can anticipate the fact
that some other "Stacks" (SOA, Fuse...) would like to use it to test
their update-sites.
So the repo is here:
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-install-grinder . Most stuff
was updated to work well with this change.

We're just waiting for some QA jobs will be adapted. Pavol is leading
this stuff for QA side. When he migrates to the new repo/job/URLs and
everything is working well, we'll remove this stuff from jbosstools-base.
The plan is to do it ASAP, but we are not in a hurry for that. So if
Pavol has some more important tasks to do, we'll wait after GA.

Does anyone have any objection, concern or question on this topic?
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>