[jbosstools-dev] [gitmigration] org.jboss.tools.jsf.doc.user/doc.zip needed ..ever?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Tue Oct 2 17:24:18 EDT 2012

Hi,

jbosstools-javaee is currently clocking at about 555 MB history/git repo.

the biggest culprit here currently is:

jsf/plugins/org.jboss.tools.jsf.doc.user/doc.zip
jsf/plugins/org.jboss.tools.jsf.doc.user/doc_orig.zip
seam/plugins/org.jboss.tools.seam.doc.user/doc.zip

...but as I recall - these plugins have never been part of any release - they were just
experiments that never made it in (ironically because of being too big ;)

I'm wondering what we can do about these - they are required by the builds and thus if I remove the directory or just the file I will break
the builds of those branches.

Suggestions welcome!

p.s. I can basically do whatever with the content - easy: remove, delete, harder, but possible is to change it to something "smaller" that would continue
to work but not sure what that is.

btw. otherwise the biggest problem in javaee is the tendency in early days to commit and add complete web projects with full jar dependencies -
but those I can't remove since that would break more or less everything.