[jbosstools-dev] [gitmigration] ACTION REQUIRED please respond back wether your project git repo is ok or not!

Martin Malina mmalina at redhat.com
Thu Oct 11 05:06:58 EDT 2012

On 11. 10. 2012, at 10:07, Max Rydahl Andersen <max.andersen at redhat.com> wrote:

>> I can build ASTools, archives, and jmx just fine.
>
> great!
>
>> I'm more concerned about my own git abilities, but I guess I'll need to
>> work on them.
>
> try.github.com is your friend ;)
>
> And otherwise - we got a good bunch of guys who have used git actively the last couple of years and others who just started to grok it -
> we've all been there at the step of having to use git and we've all been beginners once. just ask on the mailinglist, irc, etc. and there will
> be someone that have been in a similar situation and can lead you and other git-newbies in the right direction.
>
> I'm convinced your life will be better once we get over the hurdle :)

Also, I recommend this book: http://git-scm.com/book It's really well written and if you hold on to the end you will learn how git operates under the hood. (I just finished reading it.) But if you've already started with git the first few chapters might be a bit boring. Anyway, definitely worth a read.

-Martin