[jbosstools-dev] [jdf-dev] JDF Quickstarts in JBoss Central?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Oct 11 10:54:39 EDT 2012

>>> I interpret this to mean there is no intent to fix the issue. Am I reading it correctly? ;)
>>
>> not really - problem is that jboss-web.xml is not a reliable source to get it from since it depends on how/where its deployed.
>>
>> But the quickstarts could for now add:
>>
>> <m2eclipse.wtp.contextRoot>jboss-as-whatever</m2eclipse.wtp.contextRoot>
>>
>> and m2e would be able to adjust it afaik.
>>
>> I'm surprised they ever were renamed with jboss-web.xml since that would break its usage instantly from tools...or the "test from jboss tools" was missed when doing that fix ;(
>
> Quickstarts don't use jboss-web.xml to get a context name, they use the artifact id/war name.

okey I was just browsing github and thought I saw more than a few - checked out again and it seems its not as broad as I saw first, but I do see this:

./carmart/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml:        <context-root>jboss-as-carmart</context-root>
./carmart-tx/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml:        <context-root>jboss-as-carmart-tx</context-root>
./wsat-simple/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml:    <context-root>/</context-root>

So no the issue here is not caused by jboss-web.xml but 3 above does do things different (maybe for a good reason?)