[jbosstools-dev] [jdf-dev] JDF Quickstarts in JBoss Central?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Oct 11 10:59:46 EDT 2012

>>> But the quickstarts could for now add:
>>>
>>> <m2eclipse.wtp.contextRoot>jboss-as-whatever</m2eclipse.wtp.contextRoot>
>>>
>>> and m2e would be able to adjust it afaik.
>> Is this added to the jboss-web.xml file? Very few of the quickstarts
>> have a jboss-web.xml file.
>>
>>> I'm surprised they ever were renamed with jboss-web.xml since that would break its usage instantly from tools...or the "test from jboss tools" was missed when doing that fix ;(
>> Pete, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this tag
>> <finalName>jboss-as-QUICKSTART_NAME></finalName> in the pom.xml file is
>> how the context is set.
>
> Right.
>
> There is generally no convention that the maven artifact id must be the same as the directory name of the project must be the same as the context root. This is something that Eclipse/JBoss Tools/m2e adds as a requirement.

problem is there isn't a good place to get the "right" info from.

> To date, we've followed the rule that the artifact id (which translates to project name in eclipse) must be the same as the context root, but that the directory name can be different.
>
> This seems to work for me in Eclipse/m2e/JBoss Tools, and I don't really want to change all quickstart directory names, it's going to make them harder to explore.
>
> Can we check what the actual problem is here?

Yes, thinking about it i'm not grokking if the problem Fred sees is related to just the groovy/project examples or also a problem for when importing the quickstarts ?

if also a problem for quickstarts my suggestion is to put in <m2eclipse.wtp.contextRoot>jboss-as-whatever</m2eclipse.wtp.contextRoot>

if only for the groovy/projectexamples then yeah...why ? :)