[jbosstools-dev] [gitmigration] ACTION REQUIRED please respond back wether your project git repo is ok or not!

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Oct 11 14:48:56 EDT 2012

>>> +1 for Base, but missing .gitkeep file:
>>>
>>> common/plugins/org.jboss.tools.common.mylyn/src/.gitkeep
>>
>> why does it need that folder ?
>
> Because to build a plugin, you need a source folder. To then build a source plugin, you need a source folder (even if it's empty).
>
> So, based on what's in build.properties, we need a src/ folder. QED.

so denis changes to remove from build.properties breaks  sourcefeature builds ?

>> Here is many more changes in here than a missing src folder.
>
> Yes, I also disabled building the individual root/component/site/ folders, created a root/site/ folder, and created a root/pom.xml to orchestrate the whole thing in one step.

yeah - so not relevant for me to look at now since ill be taking stuff from svn not temp git repos.

> https://github.com/nickboldt/temp-jbosstools-base/commit/32c5b97a6418d23ab51c37bc2a28fafdf51bb833

>>> Having fixed that and updated to latest source from svn trunk, won't
>>> compile.
>>
>> why should it compile with latest source from svn trunk ? Only thing expected to work together is the temp-jbosstools-* repos - they should be compared with what was there 7 days ago, not trunk now.
>
> Are you saying you don't expect the code that will be branched for Beta1 TOMORROW to be stable enough to build today? Yikes, that's not good.

Beta1 is not what is in these repos. its what was there 7 days ago. Thus it will most likely not buildmixed with source from trunk. Why would you expect that to work ?

>>> See changes in https://github.com/nickboldt/temp-jbosstools-central
>> also waay more changes than just gitkeep.
>
> See above for explanation of pom.xml and category.xml changes.

yes, please do the necessary changes for gitkeep in svn - not on github.

>> And it compiles fine for me - what are you testing here ? not following at all.
>
> Check out my fork from github and try it. You'll see what it's trying to do (build the whole repo in one step including 3 submodules and merged update site) in the reactor.

so you are -1 it because it cant be built when you have done changes to it ?

What are the build errors you are getting ?

>>> -1 for JavaEE; won't compile org.jboss.tools.cdi.core
>>> See changes in https://github.com/nickboldt/temp-jbosstools-javaee
>> same as above - not following why you think latest svn would work against these repos ?
>
> Because if I update the sources in the forked repo to match what's in trunk, then point it at upstream built binaries for the rest of JBT, it SHOULD work the same way the trunk jobs do. No?

if you update the sources in the forked repo to match whats in trunk you are not testing what the git migration job did....

I can checkout your repos tomrorow - bout would be good to know the actual errors you get instead of just -1.