[jbosstools-dev] Eclipse Arquillian

Dan Allen dallen at redhat.com
Mon Oct 22 18:03:47 EDT 2012

I agree. This is super exciting! Perfect timing too for demoing at
Devoxx and collecting some feedback.

Snjeza, I would love to turn this thread into a blog post on
arquillian.org. It's okay if there isn't a release yet, just the
information about the work in progress is plenty of news to share, to
get people excited and to get them involved.

Would you be willing to redraft the original message and incorporate the
feedback from this thread (so it's up to date)? You can either send it
as an e-mail or, if you are up to the extra challenge, a pull request to
the Arquillian website repo. We write blog posts in textile with a small
metadata block at the top. You can see examples of other blog posts in
the blog directory.

If you are tight for time, I'd be more than willing to format the post
for you so that you don't have to worry about it. What's most important
is capturing the information from you to share.

Again, great work!

Cheers,

-Dan

[1] http://github.com/arquillian/arquillian.github.com
[2] example post w/ lots of detail:
https://raw.github.com/arquillian/arquillian.github.com/develop/blog/2012-09-19-introducting-arquillian-graphene-page-fragments.textile

On 10/17/2012 01:22 AM, Xavier Coulon wrote:
> Congratulations, Snjezana, this is really awesome !!
>
> /Xavier
>

> On Oct 16, 2012, at 10:27 PM, Snjezana Peco wrote:
>
>> I will add a preference that will enable/disable the
>> Deployment/Container validation.
>> Currently, the Run/Debug As Arquillian launch configuration requires
>> exactly one container implementation on the project's classpath.
>>
>> Snjeza
>>
>> On 16.10.2012 18:07, Aslak Knutsen wrote:
>>> Right, in that context it's needed.
>>>
>>> You'll need a Deployment to run "In Container", but you can run
>>> without a Deployment and just work as a standalone client.
>>>
>>> You can even run without any Container/Deployment support enabled at
>>> all, just as a common abstraction layer between different test
>>> frameworks, but...
>>>
>>> Let's assume the most common use case, which is having a Deployment,
>>> and leave it as is for now.
>>>
>>> -aslak-

Dan Allen
dallen at redhat.com