[jbosstools-dev] Runtimes component

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Oct 31 04:49:37 EDT 2012

>>> Yes, thanks.

>>> You mean SOA Runtime Detection, right? Cause there no runtime detection (no soa) anymore.
>>
>> not following what you mean ?
>>
>> There is the jbosstools-base/runtime repo and ...wtf...why do we now have a "SOA runtime detection" component?
>>
>> Did I miss something ? When was that change made ? "runtime detection" the core parts is still a separate feature/functionallity…
>
> Yes, runtime detection has been renamed to SOA runtime detection - that's why I brought this up. I thought it was Snjezana making this change since (presumably) most of the runtime detection functionality has been moved to server component. But from POV of functionality, it still is a separate feature for sure. So personally I would prefer to have it as a separate component in JIRA.

Same here - i've undo'ed the component changes I could spot so we don't have duplication/wrong naming for past versions. Changes/additions to components should not be done without communication/warning to this list.

> But so far it seemed that it's just a fact that from now on we should use JBossAS/server jira component to report issues for runtime detection (if it's not soa runtimes that cause the problem).

Yes, optimally soa runtime detections should go to the relevant components too (Drools, esb, etc.) but noone really around to fix those on that end "runtime-detection" is fine for now for that.

> So I'm looking forward to seeing a conclusion on this topic :)

for now its back to what we had - thanks for asking ;)