[jbosstools-dev] SWTBot ModeShape Tools Plugin

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Sep 20 05:19:41 EDT 2012

> I wanted to get with you to talk about the SWTBot project you work on in ModeShape Tools. As you know from previous emails, ModeShape Tools has moved to GitHub and all "trunk" development should be done there. *I apologize for not getting with you sooner.*
>
> Today I updated my local copy of the SVN trunk of "org.jboss.tools.modeshape.rest.ui.bot.test" project and merged any differences into my *local* git repository. However after merging the latest code, I started having build errors. I was hoping you could help me with that. The build fails quickly (see attached log).

Daniel, on jbosstools-dev (now in cc) we've been discussing moving these bot tests which tend to be full cross-cutting integreation tests rather than specific to one plugin to a jbosstools-integration-test project.

would it make sense for these tests to move there too or are these bot test "local" and stable enough to be part of modeshape main dev tree?
(another reason to move them out is that QE changes these *after* the module itself have been released meaning they aren't really part of the release anyway.)

> Max: Is the SVN trunk of ModeShape Tools still closed for business?

You tell me ;)  I haven't done the svn delete yet (fighting with git migration scripts still), but it sounds like the bot tests are still receiving updates.

If need be we can nuke modeshape tools - just need to get clearance from doug and nick,QE(Pavol?) to ensure no builds are dependent on it ?