[jbosstools-dev] What about a dedicated list for CI builds results?

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Mon Sep 24 08:11:07 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I feel having build results on jbosstools-dev introduce a lot of noise
and consume a significant amount of time in filering manually. Jenkins
already sends mails to interested people for a job (those who committed
code when build status changed, and those who directly add there mail
address in the Jenkins notification plugin configuration).
So I think havng all those mails adds low added-value compared to
default Jenkins mailing. I'm fine with the idea of having some
notifications of build results, but I'd rather see them in a less
critical media that this jbosstools-dev mailing-list which is a good
place for discussions.
What would you think about setting up a jbosstools-builds mailing list
to receive notifications? Or what about a jbosstools-notifications list
that would contain commits, CI results, and all other automatic stuff
that is useful to monitor project activity and health?

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>