[jbosstools-dev] Kepler M6 target platform ready for use / Alpha2 Code Freeze TOMORROW! :: ACTION REQUIRED

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Wed Apr 3 12:19:08 EDT 2013

Just a reminder, our plan is to:

a) have everyone testing their builds w/ the newest Kepler M6 target
platform, which is done like this:

  mvn deploy -DTARGET_PLATFORM_VERSION=4.30.5.Alpha3-SNAPSHOT

(I sent out notice that this target platform was ready to use, but not
everyone may have interpreted my email as a call to action, but rather
an FYI. Apologies if you read and ignored instead of reading and reacting.)

b) fix any problems associated w/ building against that newer version of
Eclipse, WTP, Atlassian, GWT, etc. Note that Jenkins builds are already
using this new version, and some have failing tests which project leads
need to see & fix ASAP.

c) branch your project using branch = "jbosstools-4.1.0.Alpha2x"
*TOMORROW, Thursday, April 4*, and code freeze the branch so that I can
enable all the _41 jobs to build against that new branch. Master
branches will therefore be open for Beta1 work, built from the _master jobs.

d) deliver a build of Alpha2x-branch bits to QE on *Monday, April 8*, so
they can poke holes in it for the next 3 weeks.