[jbosstools-dev] JBoss Tools Core 4.1.0.Alpha2 bits available for QE testing

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Mon Apr 8 11:14:03 EDT 2013

Addendum.

To be able to install all the stuff in JBT, you will need to manually
tell Eclipse which target platform update site to use to resolve all the
dependencies. This is because the default one listed in the JBT site's
metadata is http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/kepler/ which
currently points to the Kepler M5 TP update site used for our *released*
4.1.0.Alpha1 bits. If I update that composite site to point to our new
Kepler M6 TP, people will no longer be able to install JBT 4.1.0.Alpha1.

So, the workaround is this:

A) add the Kepler M6 TP to your Eclipse when installing JBT:

http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/targetplatforms/jbosstoolstarget/4.30.5.Alpha3/REPO/

Then browse the JBT site and you should be fine.

B) Use this composite site to expose all the stuff you need for TP, JBT,
and Central in a single URL:

http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/JBossTools-4.1.0.Alpha2.discovery/