[jbosstools-dev] Should the parent pom enforce JRE 1.6 source & target level compliance when building?

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Fri Apr 12 11:44:10 EDT 2013

Our parent pom currently does not set a default source and target level
when compiling, so using 1.7 as your JDK may result in different results
than what is used in the CI builds w/ Jenkins.

Mickael proposes we set a default source/target level of 1.6:

<plugin>
<groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
<artifactId>tycho-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
<version>${tychoVersion}</version>
<configuration>
<encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
<!-- JBIDE-14013 -->