[jbosstools-dev] "Delete Own Attachments" permission on Jira

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Wed Apr 24 14:43:13 EDT 2013

Just FYI:

The global policy on jira jboss.org is that this permission is not enabled.
(just like you cannot delete your own comments)

Main reason I believe is that you can accidentally delete an important comment/attachment and
then comments/history etc. is all screwed. No history.

I believe the amount of times we need to "clean up" jira attachments is like 1-2 a year
thus that "burden" is okey compared to loosing data.

Note: All admins can help doing this - not just me.

If you guys tell me that you have this problem *often* then I can look at
getting it changed globally but thats an uphill battle I don't want to do unless
I got some evidence of it being a big issue.

/max