[jbosstools-dev] Teiid Eclipse Orbit Dependency

Paul Richardson p.g.richardson at redhat.com
Tue Aug 6 08:35:30 EDT 2013

Hi,

With testing the latest Teiid Designer nightlies, we have come across the following constaint on the
installation:

Missing requirement: Designer Datatools Plug-in 8.2.0.Nightly-v20130730-1414-B2372
(org.teiid.designer.datatools 8.2.0.Nightly-v20130730-1414-B2372) requires 'bundle
org.codehaus.jackson.core [1.6.0,2.0.0)' but it could not be found

Now I removed jackson.core from Designer's codebase and had it added to JBT-IS, since it is
available in JBT's Eclipse Orbit. Thus, jenkins builds the nightlies successfully.

However, installing a TD-nightly is only possible with adding the Eclipse Orbit site to available
update sites. When we release Designer 8.2 in a couple of weeks, I would like to avoid this becoming
an issue for users so is there something that can be done? I am not sure what ...

Cheers

PGR

--
Paul Richardson