[jbosstools-dev] Proposal: should we reorganize the target platform URLs used in associate sites (when installing JBT or JBT IS)

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Tue Aug 27 10:24:18 EDT 2013

Traditionally, we have hosted the update site w/ the dependencies needed
to install JBT here:

http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/indigo/ (composites)
http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/indigo/soa-tooling/
(composites)

Then we started building target platforms, and linked them from the same
place:

http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/juno/ (target platform)
http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/juno/integration-stack/
(composites)

Now, we have TPs for both JBT and JBTIS:

http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/kepler/ (target platform)
http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/kepler/integration-stack
(target platform)

Since we now we have all the target platforms in one place, under
http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/targetplatforms/ I think it would
make sense to change "the latest TP" composite under /updates/<eclipse
version>/ to instead exist under

/targetplatforms/<project>/<eclipse-version>

eg.,

http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/targetplatforms/jbosstoolstarget/kepler/
or
http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/targetplatforms/jbtistarget/kepler/

That way all the TPs live under /targetplatforms/ and all the update
sites live under /updates/ and never the twain shall meet.

---

Please post your thoughts here: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-15376