[jbosstools-dev] AngularJS Eclipse

Alexey Kazakov akazakov at exadel.com
Wed Dec 18 13:51:39 EST 2013

> On 18 Dec 2013, at 10:39, Mickael Istria <mistria at redhat.com
> <mailto:mistria at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've noticed this project
>> https://github.com/angelozerr/angularjs-eclipse/wiki/HTML-Features .
>> Does anyone know about it. Is it better than what we have in JBT?
>
> It wasn't until recently. Now it provides code completions we don't.

What code completion it provide we don't?
It provides ng-* completion which we do too. And IMO ours is better
since we provide context-dependent code completion.
For example we suggest count/when/... attributes only for ng-pluralize
directives (<ANY ng-pluralize> or <ng-pluralize>)
Or ng-maxlength only for input directives. Or we don't suggest ng-app if
it's already defined in any parent tag. Etc. So we analyze the context
when calculating what can be suggested in the particular place.

angularjs-eclipse seems to suggest a fixed list (very limited) of most
used ng-* directives for html tags.

It does not provide code completion for {{}} expressions which we plan
to do in JBT 4.2.
The upstream project
https://github.com/angelozerr/tern.java/wiki/Tern-Eclipse-IDE is
supposed to provide some angular specific code completion in *.js files
but I couldn't manage to make it work.

The good thing in that tools we don't have in JBT is ng-* and {{}}
highlighting.