[jbosstools-dev] whats the magic trick to get tycho to use latest available IU ?

Fred Bricon fbricon at redhat.com
Fri Feb 1 10:12:29 EST 2013

>From http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Target_Platform#Locally_built_artifacts

        Locally built artifacts

Just like in a normal Maven build, a Tycho build can use artifacts that
have been built locally and installed (e.g. withmvn clean install) into
the local Maven repository. In terms of the target platform, this means
that these artifacts are implicitly added to the target platform. This
is for example useful if you want to rebuild a part of a Tycho reactor,
or if you want to build against a locally built, newer version of an
upstream project.

There are the following options to disable this feature:

  * Setting the CLI option-Dtycho.localArtifacts=ignoreexcludes locally
    built artifacts in one build. (tycho.localArtifacts=ignoremay also
    be configured in thesettings.xml; in this case, the default
    behaviour can be temporarily re-enabled with the CLI
    option-Dtycho.localArtifacts=default. Since Tycho 0.16.0.)
  * Deleting~/.m2/repository/.meta/p2-local-metadata.propertiesresets
    Tycho's list of locally build artifacts, and therefore these
    artifacts will not be added to target platforms (unless, of course,
    the artifacts are installed again).