[jbosstools-dev] New Kepler M5 target platform in progress

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Tue Feb 5 23:29:11 EST 2013

I've started work on the new Kepler M5 target platform, which includes
newer versions of m2e (1.3), m2e-wtp (0.17), GPE (3.1.3), and GWT SDK
(2.5.0), as well as the usual Eclipse.org stuff like Kepler (M5),
Eclipse (4.3.0.M5), WTP (3.5.0.M5), and BIRT 4.2.2.

It may have to be rebuilt again in a day or two if the Kepler staging
site I used changes to pull in newer WTP bits, or if the final WTP build
for M5 is different from the I build I used.

Speaking of WTP... it appears that the *org.eclipse.persistence.jpa*
feature no longer exists. The *org.eclipse.persistence.jpa* PLUGIN is
still part of WTP (and therefore Kepler), but it's now only wrapped by
the org.eclipse.jpt.jpa.feature. If you currently depend on the old
org.eclipse.persistence.jpa feature, you should now depend on either
just the plugin(s) you actually need, or the new feature.

---

The new TP bits will be located here, but are subject to change as noted
above:

http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/targetplatforms/jbosstoolstarget/4.30.2.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT/
(REPO/ folder or zip file)

(A significant change in content, rather than just a fix, will result in
creation of a .3 version instead of simply rebuilding the .2 version.)

---

When the TP is ready, I'll switch the parent pom to use it by default.
For now, you can test it using this:

mvn verify -DTARGET_PLATFORM_VERSION=4.30.2.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT

---

Aside: if you're wondering how we got from 4.30.0 to 4.30.2, there was
an TP built in between which removed uml2, graphiti, and zest. See
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13435.

Comments or issues w/ the new TP in progress, report them on
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13336.

Cheers,