[jbosstools-dev] Plugin versions

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Wed Feb 6 04:07:40 EST 2013

On 02/05/2013 09:07 PM, Alexey Kazakov wrote:
> Hi guys,
Hi,

> I have a question regarding updating plugin/feature version for JBT
> 4.1.0.Alpha.
> Should we just increment N in x.N.y for all the plugins/features
> versions which we changed even if it was just a minor bug fixing?
I would recommend using these rules
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Version_Numbering , but Max & others should
confirm whether we want to follow them of not:
These rules are, according to the delta between last release and current
work:
* Bugfix: increment micro
* New feature: increment minor
* Broken API (removed or renamed some public methods or classes):
increment major.
However it's an habit that plugin follow also the versioning pattern of
there release train (Eclipse for WTP, JBT for our components).

> Should we change Eclipse (wtp, etc.) dependencies in plugin.xml too even
> if we don't use any new API from Kepler?
No, you shouldn't do it. MANIFEST.MF must contain the "wider" compatible
version range.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>