[jbosstools-dev] New Feature for Target Platform: materialize a local "SDK"

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 02:06:35 EST 2013

On 02/08/2013 08:24 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> Hi Mickael,
>
> I don't have enough network bandwidth here to try it but based from the description in jira it sounds great.
>
> But...
>
>>   "-Dmirror-target-to-repo.includeSources=true
> Why is that name using about 4 different naming conventions ?
>
> dash as spaces
> dot as spaces
> camelcase for spaces
> insane length
Convention here are the same as in most Maven plugins:
* key is ${mojoName}.${mojoParameter}
* mojo name is often a dash-separated name
* mojo argument are Camel-case (just like java arguments)
* "insane" length is not a convention, it's just you don't like it, but
it's actually the best way to understand what it does ;)
Read this line as "it sets the includeSources parameter of
mirror-target-to-repo mojo to true".

> What other options does this command have ?
mvn help:describe
-Dcmd=org.jboss.tools.tycho-plugins:target-platform-utils:0.16.0-SNAPSHOT:mirror-target-to-repo
-Ddetail

Other parameters cannot be set via command-line.

> And isn't includeSources independent on wether we are creating a mirror or not ?
includeSources is a flag that change behaviour of the mirror goal. It
adds sources to mirror.
So it's dependent.
--
Mickael Istria