[jbosstools-dev] Secure Storage default password dialog

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 07:13:51 EST 2013

> If it overrides the default for *all* secure password settings then it shouldn't go into any of our plugins meant
> to be installed on top of Eclipse. No single plugin should be messing with that.
>
> We could do it in the JBDS distro/setup since here we control the eclipse instance/setup.

Actually, Reading some more on this then if I understand it correctly this extension point overrides all other password dialogs - even OS specific ones.

http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Freference%2Fextension-points%2Forg_eclipse_equinox_security_secureStorage.html
and http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Fguide%2Fsecure_storage_dev.htm both state this extension point should not
be necessary to override.

Since secure storage is used by many things (Server adapter and Teiid is not the only one) I don't think just overriding this extension point is proper.
If we do it sounds like we would need to provide custom hooks for OSX and Windows integration.

Btw. from what I can tell this dialog will only show up *once* per machine and only when using Linux and in context of teiid/server adapter only if your server is remote (i.e. it won't
need to ask when using local servers)

/max