[jbosstools-dev] [Soa-tools-list] JBoss Tools Integration Stack Release Process

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 12:19:58 EST 2013

Not an imaginary concern -- in fact that was my original reason for
wanting to embed the URL of a specific (older) JBT release [3] rather
than the URL of the latest JBT release [4].

But then you said that was less important than the negative cosmetic
effect of seeing multiple JBT update site URLs (4.0.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2 vs.
just juno/stable) in the user's Help > Preferences > Install/Update >
Available Software Sites.

We can of course set up install tests that will:

a) unpack eclipse
b) install JBT (specific version)
c) install JBTIS (specific version)

That will ensure that:

* JBTIS can be installed against a specific older version of JBT AND
* JBTIS can also magically update the version of JBT installed to the
latest at the same time.

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBTIS-15