[jbosstools-dev] Secure Storage default password dialog

phantomjinx p.g.richardson at phantomjinx.co.uk
Tue Feb 12 09:31:17 EST 2013

On 02/11/2013 06:12 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

>> Only if a linux fragment comes along. I'll drop my priority to 3 anyway to be on the safe side
>
> Aah - with a fragment the existing providers in the eclipse.org feature are actually replaced, right?

Thats true but I think in this case, the fragment is there to confine the new provider to the
specific platform, eg. the win32 code uses jni native calls as well as using a dll. I cannot decide
at this stage whether the default password provider is completely replaced by the fragment or is
still available at the lower priority.

> But again, could you point to a pull request or git repo with the changes so I can look ?

I'll rejig the current commit and point you at it. The old pull request is here [1].

> Now I grok it better i'm wondering if best course of action is to simply install a provider
> with higher priority than the default, but lower than any OS specific one and yes, make it part of JBoss Tools Base
> so it helps all ?

It could still be a fragment for only a linux environment given M$/macosx both have effective
single-signon. Otherwise, certainly agree.

> btw. any reason why form based UI was used and not just basic dialog with a bit extra info ?

* Text is description can be added using html, allowing for paragraphs and the hyperlink. (All could
be done as text components but not as easy)
* Tends to imply a white background with black foreground, which is a lot clear for the amount of
description required
* Use of sections for expanding/contracting the description section

Cheers

PGR

[1] https://github.com/phantomjinx/teiid-designer/commit/5fa973551e6fd494c6fa482b9a82dc8f9fd01332