[jbosstools-dev] Xulrunner and jQuery Mobile 1.3

Alexey Kazakov akazakov at exadel.com
Fri Feb 15 14:32:10 EST 2013

Hi,

As you know we are working on wizards for our new jQuery Mobile palette:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13413
The wizards have a visual preview. We use the SWT Browser for that. But
there is a problem. It actually uses our bundled xulrunner from VPE
which has a limit support of HTML5.
This browser works ok with jQuery Mobile 1.2 but doesn't work at all
with 1.3.
If you don't have VPE installed in your Eclipse than this preview will
work with 1.3 but if you do then the xulrunner from VPE will be used.
We found a workaround for this problem. Our wizards generate code for
the latest jQuery Mobile 1.3 but we use 1.2 for visual preview. In some
cases 1.2 and 1.3 behaves differently and we have to *simulate* jQuery
1.3 widgets using 1.2 code for preview.
But I believe it's going to be a much bigger problem for future versions
of jQuery Mobile.
It's not only about jQuery wizards actually. It's about all eclipse
widgets which use swt browser.