[jbosstools-dev] Kind reminder about API Tools

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 04:08:52 EST 2013

> Have you found a way to enable/disable it globally ?
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-12190
I think we already have some interesting stuff done, but it's not usable
yet because:
* We cannot deploy it on a Nexus repo yet (discussion in progress with
eng-ops to have full access to an "experimental" repo where we could
publish that stuff)
* Generated reports -using Rob's improvements to support bundles that
don't have apitools enabled- are not easy to read.

@Rob: yes the goal is to run API Tools analysis when no API annotations
are present. It's pretty useful since so far, we've not generated the
API description for bundles, so your fix is a requirement for making API
Tools usable in our build.
But, it's not because we did not use them before that it's a bad idea to
start using them from now on. FYI, we'll soon generate API description
of bundles, so if you want to start annotating your APIs, feel free to
do it, it's gonna be useful.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>