[jbosstools-dev] Kind reminder about API Tools

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 04:16:30 EST 2013

On 02/22/2013 10:10 AM, Rob Stryker wrote:
> If you really thought about it, if all developers had api tools enabled
> during development time, we wouldn't need it enabled in build, would we? ;)
I just suggest the one interested to use API Tools because it's helpful,
I'm not forcing anyone.
Anyhow, we'll enable API Tools at build time, since it's easier to
control how build behaves than having everyone using some tools,
especially if they slow down the workspace.

But I remember a presentation that said that fixing an error that
appears in IDE while writing code takes a few seconds, whereas fixing it
after a build report takes minutes. Having this is IDE is more
efficient, but I understand all te drawbacks, and you're free to set up
your environment as you want.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>