[jbosstools-dev] Kepler Target Platform on its way

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Fri Jan 11 11:15:32 EST 2013

Hi all,

As tracked by JBIDE-13336, we are creating a Target-Platform based on
Kepler M4.
This target platform will be the maximal/recommanded one. The minimal
one will remain the one called 4.2.0.c, which relies on Eclipse 4.2.0.
For the moment this choice implies that we want next version of JBT and
JBDS to work on both Juno and Kepler. If we decide something else later,
then we'll make mininal become 4.3.0.M4 too (so it will imply we'll only
support Kepler).

Next steps are:
* Now: update jbosstools-build/target-platforms and related CI jobs to
add build and publishing of 4.3.0.M4
* When it's done: Update of parent pom to use 4.3.0.M4 as maximal.
I'll send a mail as an answer of this one when we move the parent pom.
Some jobs will fail, that will show that your component is not
Kepler-ready. You'll have to react accordingly. Any component that can't
support both Kepler and Juno at the same time will have to discuss with
the team of whether we should invest in refactoring it to support both,
or whether the component will make us drop support for Juno in next
JBT/JBDS.

Cheers, and I'll ping you back soon ;)
--
Mickael Istria