[jbosstools-dev] Kepler Target Platform on its way

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 07:27:52 EST 2013

> Broken job:
> * https://jenkins.mw.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com/hudson/view/DevStudio/view/DevStudio_Trunk/job/jbosstools-4.1_trunk.component--javaee/ has been broken (red) for 4 days, so we cannot know whether the move the Eclipse 4.3.0.M4 made it worse

I only see a content assist issue...should be investigated but doesn't seem kepler related.

This is expected because of Dali API changes and reported at https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13365

Same as above but different component - opened https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13383

> * https://jenkins.mw.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com/hudson/view/DevStudio/view/DevStudio_Trunk/job/jbosstools-4.1_trunk.component--server/ has some failures (not sure it's related to Eclipse 4.3.0.M4)

I see two different errors - last one is github failing, previous one a missing class which seems non-related to kepler so I haven't opened something for that; we'll see on the next spin.

> * https://jenkins.mw.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com/hudson/view/DevStudio/view/DevStudio_Trunk/job/jbosstools-4.1_trunk.component--jst/ has a new failing test since move to 4.3.0.M4

> Each component owners for these job should open a Jira to fix compatibitlty with Eclipse 4.3.0.M4.

IMO this too inefficient - if you (releng) see build issues and they look valid from your POV then open the issue instead of waiting.

I've done it this time but lets be proactive where it makes sense.

> I remind you this is only "runtime" compatibility as your tests support it, not a build compatibility. Some more issues can be discovered later.
> When you created your bug for 4.3.0.M4 compatibility, please add it as a link from https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13336 .

JBIDE-13336 is about creating target platform which is *not* dependent on everything building with it.

I've opened https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13383 which has the issues linked for what is related for actually getting Kepler support in place and has docs/links to the found issues.