[jbosstools-dev] PoC : Browser Refresh in conjunction with the Chrome LiveReload Extension

Xavier Coulon xcoulon at redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 09:19:10 EST 2013

On Jan 16, 2013, at 1:07 PM, Yahor Radtsevich wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen <max.andersen at redhat.com> wrote:
> Not following what is the problem here? BrowserSim already supports different window sizes.

> If you open several BrowserSim instances and run the Xavier's LiveReload server now, all instances will be updated on changes. So it is just a way to use BrowserSim and it already works (as a PoC).

\o/

> Another case is when the user navigates through the site, we could synchronize current URL between multiple BrowserSim instances.
> Something like this is implemented in Adobe Edge Inspect: http://youtu.be/SyzZHS-1fPE?t=2m30s

This might be doable, as the LiveReload extension sends the browser URL back to the server (as explained on https://github.com/mockko/livereload/blob/master/docs/WebSocketProtocol.md#url-change)

"The browser sometimes sends the URL of the current page back to the server. It is printed on the console and serves purely informational purposes (to give the user some confidence that things are working the way (s)he expects).

http://example.com/example/path/
"

I have not tried to send a "refresh" command with a different URL, but if it worked, then you could have the same behavior as what Adobe Edge Inspect provides.

/Xavier