[jbosstools-dev] Cheatsheets in JBT

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Jan 24 10:03:11 EST 2013

When you ask about cheatsheets it depends on for what context.

If cheatsheets for how to use the relevant eclipse plugin then that is something that just goes inside the eclipse plugin and nothing special really about it.
We tend to not do these though since they cannot be easily maintained - but that shouldn't prevent you from add some to your plugin if you plan on maintaining it ;)
Also these plugin provided cheatsheets are not something we've got hooks for from JBoss Central - if it makes sense we can look at adding that.

If cheatsheets to go with the project examples and/or project archetypes then those are *not* part of the eclipse; but bundled with the project example/archetype's.
These are automatically opened when imported via the central archetype feature (we are looking at making these open up even if you just import the project but that is not yet in master)
These projects can be added to jboss central in the "Project Examples" section but at least for the JBDS central shouldn't be done before the technology used in them are
available in enterprise maven repo.

A task we got for JBDS 7/JBoss Tools 4.2 is to look at ways we can make the UI for Central adapt better to allow for the "project example" section to be more approachable/usable.
Right now its very much hidden which isn't really nice. Suggestions welcome on this :)

About docs, Fred and Snjezana should have pointer to those - if not i'll dig them out when near laptop again.

/max