[jbosstools-dev] SAP Services Registry Plugin

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Fri Jan 25 09:49:54 EST 2013

>>> We would also need to resolve how to bundle the core search
>>> functionality, which is currently in binary format only. If we
>>> need to have that open sourced that to make this work, I can
>>> investigate the feasibility of making that happen.
>>
>> We can't bundle non-opensource things so that would need to be looked
>> at - but first I would like to understand what are we trying to do
>> here before we add such a generic search framework just to be able
>> to search WSDL services ?
>
> The same framework is also used for searching SAP NetWeaver Gateway (OData) servers which we could also use/write. The framework is extensible to allow searching for virtually anything, so I think we can reuse this for other things.

Got some examples of what that would be ? What parts of JBoss Tools Core or the integration stack should/would use this ?

What I understood from the eclipse discussion SAP wanted this to replace the existing ever expanding search dialog - did they make it so the extension point already in eclipse hooks into this new search approach or would it just be our custom search features that would show up here ?