[jbosstools-dev] Who uses bootstrap profiles?

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Wed Jan 30 13:27:57 EST 2013

To elaborate, here's an example:

https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-bpel/blob/master/pom.xml

If you had these projects checked out:

  ~/jbt41/jbosstools-bpel
  ~/jbt41/jbosstools-server
  ~/jbt41/jbosstools-base

you could run a build of bpel + server + base like this:

 > mvn install -Pbootstrap

However, if you run the tycho-versions plugin to bump your
plugins/features to a newer version, it will (currently) try to also
upversion everything in server and base, even if you only meant bpel.

 > mvn -Dtycho.mode=maven
org.sonatype.tycho:tycho-versions-plugin:set-version
-DnewVersion=4.5.6-SNAPSHOT

---

So, since they're in conflict, we're wondering which usecase is more
important -- using the tycho-versions plugin, or using the bootstrap
profile.

Cheers,

Nick