[jbosstools-dev] Parent pom updated! Minimum/default target platform used in master branch (4.1/7.0) now points at Kepler M4 bits, with M5 coming next week; Juno&Kepler TPs will remove unneeded IUs next week

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Thu Jan 31 02:26:36 EST 2013

Thanks Nick for sending the mail I should have sent yesterday ;)

On 01/30/2013 09:22 PM, Denis Golovin wrote:
> On 01/30/2013 12:08 PM, Nick Boldt wrote:
>> mvn verify -DTARGET_PLATFORM_VERSION=4.20.5.Final-SNAPSHOT  #JunoSR0
>> mvn verify -DTARGET_PLATFORM_VERSION=4.21.3.Final-SNAPSHOT  #JunoSR1
> Would be good to have something easy to remember like
>
> mvn verify -PJunoSR0
> mvn verify -PJunoSR1
This would add a lot of crap to parent pom for something that we won't
use. So there won't be some profiles for unsupported stuff.
-DTARGET_PLATFORM_VERSION is easy to remember as well, and in case you
forget it, feel free to ask.

>> Once the cruft has been cleaned, new TPs will be released & linked into
>> the usual places [1], [2]:
>>
>> 4.20.6.Final-SNAPSHOT  #JunoSR0 (6th respin)
>> 4.21.4.Final-SNAPSHOT  #JunoSR1 (4th respin)
>> 4.30.1.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT  #KeplerSR0, 1rst respin
> Why are you releasing versions with SNAPSHOT suffix? What is wrong with
> just 4.20.6.Final?
That's something we are investigating as part of
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13316 . But this is not our
highest priority yet. If we remove the "-SNAPSHOT", we'll probably drop
the Alpha1/Final qualifier as well.

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria